Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hard Candy Makeup Review

Hard Candy LogoHard Candy was the first makeup I was introduced to as a young girl. I can remember back to elementary school when my friends and I would proudly share our newest Hard Candy cosmetics with each other. I'm not quite sure if Hard Candy was even available in my local stores or if I just didn't notice, but it has been several years since I have used their products.

Anytime I am at the store, I have to browse the makeup aisles before I check out. Just the other day I was walking down the aisle and my eyes were immediately drawn to the Hard Candy display. Their cutting-edge design is absolutely captivating. I haven't seen anything quite like it before. The eye-catching design seems to be inspired by tattoo art.

Cheap MakeupHard Candy graciously sent me several cosmetic products to try. First up was the In The Shadows Eyeshadow Collection. Each collection is perfectly color coordinated to create any look. I received the shade Splendid, which is a beautiful five color palette of purple/blue, blacks/grays, and white. All of the In The Shadows eyeshadow palettes come with a mini black eyeliner pencil or a 4.3ml of primer. My particular palette included primer.

I originally thought this palette would be too dark for me. After playing with several color combinations, I found that it works great for a subtle day time look or as a bold and dramatic evening look. The colors in this palette provide a shimmery metallic finish- very pretty!

Hard Candy Eyeshadow reviewIf you are looking for a lip gloss to plump your lips and give you that wet sexy look, look no further. Hard Candy Plexi Gloss is a non-sticky lip gloss that will do just that! I received the Mauve- Alous Plexi Gloss. I was very impressed by this gloss. This is a bright shade of pink with a hint of shimmer. This gloss has a light fragrance that smells so yummy, you will want to eat it. This smooth, moisturizing gloss lasted hours and I love the fact that I did not have to reapply after eating or drinking.

Discount MakeupA dynamic eye pencil in a rainbow of shades, 12 to be exact! These creamy eye pencils deliver powerful, vibrant color that slides on smooth and stays soft and creamy for blending (about 30 seconds), then dries to a long-lasting finish that won’t budge. Line eyes with a hint of color or go for the full, artistic, multi-hued effect.

I rarely wear eyeliner. I would love to wear liner, but I have had such a hard time finding a good liner that doesn't smudge or cause my eyes to water. If you have the same problem, you have to try Take Me Out Liner. I received Soy which is a rich black shade. This liner glides on very smoothly and best of all it does not smudge! I have paid over $20 for eyeliner that doesn't come close to comparing to this. At only $5 at Walmart, this is a steal! The design doubles as a hair styling stick, which is great for some women but I would prefer the same thickness throughout. This liner stays put all day, so there is no need to carry along with me. I am still looking for my cap.

Hard Candy MakeupBlush Crush is a marbleized baked blush that give your cheeks an all-over warmth and glow. Baked for eight hours, the texture is easy to blend and natural looking. I received #126 Pin Up. This blush can be applied wet for a dramatic look or dry for a soft & delicate look. Pin Up is a light pink shade with a light gold shimmer. I love that this blush is so light. I didn't notice a fragrance which is great, because my hubby is always complaining that I smell like makeup. This particular shade was very similar to my skin tone, so it didn't add a lot of color. It did provide a slight shimmer to my cheeks. Living Doll is a beautiful bright pink blush. It's sitting on the store shelf calling out to me, and I can't wait to try this color next!

Hard candy has really set the bar high. With Hard Candy makeup you can express your beauty with products in fun, flirty colors. These cosmetics are great for females of all ages. I am in my mid twenties and I am sold on these products. My mother has already purchased some and I know young girls would love Hard Candy.

Cheap Eyeshadow PaletteFree MakeupHard Candy GiveawayHard Candy Lip
Hard Candy Cosmetics Can Be Purchased Online and at WalMart Stores.

Many thanks to Hard Candy for providing the review samples!

Disclaimer: I received samples for reviewing purposes. The opinions & thoughts expressed are my own. I received no other compensation for my review nor was I under any obligation to give a positive review.

6 comments:

  1. You're gorgeous! Love the eyeshadow especially! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lips are perfectly shaped! Love the sparkle. And you have a knack for eye makeup-looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks J! Eyeshadows are my favorite and these are so inexpensive, I can't wait to get more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lindsey. I would look so silly with small lips with my wide nose! You have to try these glosses, they really help with plumping.

    It's funny you should say I have a knack for eye makeup. I think I am awful at it. I'm working on posting a few great tutorial sites, so be sure to check back. You will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What mascara is that? I love the shimmery look of the eye shadow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you do great with makeup reviews! I have done a few and taken a million pics and they all look like crap. Plus, as the above Ladies said..you are beautiful! : )

    I have a hard time with eyeliner and have to redo it 20 times before it is half way decent. I would love some tips on that.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers! I value your opinions, advice and enjoy your questions. Leave your comment here, and remember - if you are commenting as a giveaway entry please include your email address. Thanks!