Sunday, March 7, 2010

Find Restaurants, Events, Stores & More at Yelp



Have you ever sat at home bored out of your mind? You want to go out for a bite to eat or treat yourself to a shopping spree but you're tired of the same ol' boring routine. Of course, you have! Nobody is happy eating at the same place every night or going back to a hair salon that butchered you.

Yelp is an online community filled with thousands of reviews. You can find reviews for restaurants, grocery and retail stores, salons, theaters, hotels, event planning services and so much more.

Yelp is very user friendly. You have the option to search by city, category or business name/type. Most of the reviews I have seen here are very detailed and from my experience, very accurate. If I'm interested in trying a new restaurant, I always check the reviews first. If most of the reviews are negative, I will search Yelp for an alternative option.

You even have the option to browse through events. Our family has used this feature on many weekends when we were looking for something to do. For instance, a few events in Dallas this week are Dallas Blooms @ the Arboretum, St. Patrick's Day Block Party, The Dallas Flea (upscale flea market) Bon Jovi. There are over 7 pages of events in just the Dallas area. You will have the option to search events in your area.

If you are like me, and like to compliment good service or complain about horrible service, you can join Yelp for free and post your own reviews.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for that post and your recommendation. I will have to try it. And thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers! I value your opinions, advice and enjoy your questions. Leave your comment here, and remember - if you are commenting as a giveaway entry please include your email address. Thanks!