Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pond's Dry Skin Cream

image ponds cold creamPonds Claim: "The caring classic is an extra-rich moisturizer for very dry or sensitive skin.

What does it do? It delivers essential moisture to nourish the skin, while significantly reducing dryness. This favorite smoothes and softens skin while setting the stage for flawless make-up application. Pond's dry skin cream is also perfect for deep overnight hydration.

How does it work? Hydrates and nourishes effectively, just like rich, creamy moisturizers, without harsh, irritating chemicals. Provides deep moisturization for soft, smooth, skin."
I have extremely dry skin. It's not very noticeable in the summer but in the winter it is unbearable. My face is dry and my skin is flaky. I have tried exfoliating, but nothing removes the flaky skin without causing irritation, burning and turning my skin red. Pond's is a classic household name. I don't think there is one women in the US who hasn't heard of or used one of their products. I remember seeing this on my moms bathroom counter as a kid. It's very inexpensive, just a few dollars, so I decided to pick it up one day and give it a try. The scent is light and fresh. I found that it is very very thick. In this case, a little goes a long way. Anything more than a dime size and you will be swimming in the stuff. This cream is specially formulated for women with sensitive skin. I had no irritation, in fact it felt great on my skin. The only downfall is the fact that this stuff is so greasy. I'm not sure if it is actually moisturizing my skin or just making it oily. It does feel a lot like rubbing Crisco on my face. I used this twice a day for 2 weeks to find out if the greasiness was worth it. Unfortunately, it did not moisturize like I had hoped and my skin is still dry and flaking. With that said, I would still recommend this product. I have read dozens of great reviews and since every woman's skin is different, it may work better for others. For just a few dollars, it's definitely worth a try!


Disclaimer: I purchased this product for my own personal use and review purposes. No compensation was received. The thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers! I value your opinions, advice and enjoy your questions. Leave your comment here, and remember - if you are commenting as a giveaway entry please include your email address. Thanks!