Thursday, February 11, 2010

Smooth Away (As Seen on TV)

image smooth away hair removerI was excited to try Smooth Away. As a woman, hair removal is a requirement, not an option. I am always looking for new hair remover products to make shaving feel less of a chore. I found Smooth Away at Walgreen's and I thought all of my shaving problems had been solved.

I opened my Smooth Away Box which included a small travel case, 1 large applicator, one small applicator (for the face or bikini line), 5 large replacement pads and 5 small replacement pads. The pads are easy to apply to the applicator. You just peel of the plastic backing and apply to the applicator. I slid the applicator onto my fingers and began rubbing my arm in a circular motion. I noticed all of the dead skin flaking off into powder. I then applied lotion, as suggested and immediately noticed my arm was red and had a burning sensation. I was more surprised to find all of my hair was still there. I repeated the same steps on my leg and had the same results.

Cost: $9.99
What Comes with it? travel case, 1 large applicator, one small applicator (for the face or bikini line), 5 large replacement pads and 5 small replacement pads
Where To Buy?: online, Bed Bath and Beyond, Walgreens
What did you like about this product?: My skin felt soft after it stopped burning.
Is there anything you didn't like?: It felt like I was scrubbing down with sandpaper followed by pouring alcohol on my skin.
Would You Recommend: No

Disclaimer: I purchased this product for my own personal use and review purposes. No compensation was received. The thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

  1. I tried the Smooth Away and it worked pretty well for me. I still use it for my upper lip. It takes forever to do anything else, but it is handy for the upper lip

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom bought this out and i just had to try it..i mean who likes to shave! I soon figured out that it takes forever! Also my sister said she used it and it left a burning sensation and she too had red skin.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers! I value your opinions, advice and enjoy your questions. Leave your comment here, and remember - if you are commenting as a giveaway entry please include your email address. Thanks!