Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hana Professional Flat Iron by Misikko

I'veImage Hana Flat Iron been coloring my hair since I was 15 years old. I also have very thick and coarse hair. It used to be naturally curly, but over the years it has changed to curly underneath, and a combination of curly and wavy throughout the rest of my head. Since I can't achieve the same texture or look of curls/waves all over, I blow-dry and straighten my hair daily. Ten years of coloring, blow-drying and straightening has definitely had a damaging impact on my hair. I recently received the Hana Professional Flat Iron 1". After using the Hana Professional flat-iron, my hair felt incredibly soft and was so shiny. I immediately noticed the fact that my hair felt less damaged then it does with other flat-irons. Using both the Hana Flat Iron and Shine Shield, I noticed my slit ends weren't as visible as before.

The Hana Professional Flat- Iron came packaged inside a matching pink travel case which was sitting in a black tin. If you have read my previous posts, you know I love products that are reusable. Since I am using my Hana Flat-Iron everyday, it sits on my counter instead of the tin. But the tin is the perfect size to hold all of my hair accessories! Misikko also sent me Shine Shield, which is a thermal serum which can be used to protect your hair from the heat and can be used as a leave in conditioner. I love that is made my hair smell great and was non-greasy like similar products are.

I decided to put this flat iron to the test! Here are the results:

Heat Test - I plugged it in, turned it on and placed my hand on the plate. Most flat-irons take forever, so I wanted to find out if the Hana Flat-Iron would really heat up. In just a matter of seconds the plates were hot and ready to use. The heat settings can be changed from 140-450°F to compliment your hair type.

Burn Test - I have had several flat- irons in the past that have left burn marks on my bathroom counter. I set the Hana Professional down for 10 minutes, and when I picked it up, my counter was burn-free. This flat-iron also comes with a heat proof silicone mat to be extra careful or to use if you straighten your hair on the floor like many girls I know.

Results Test - I am truly amazed at the results Misikko's Flat Iron delivered. Not only did it straighten my hair, it took 1 hour less then it normally does! See for yourself:
BEFORE
IMAGE CURLY HAIRAFTERImage after results
I think the results speak for themselves. My husband immediately commented on how great my hair looked, which is very unusual for him. Old Flat-iron, in the trash you go! Misikko carries only the best flat irons, including Chi Flat Irons! They also have a great sale, you should check out.

Image of Hana Features Disclaimer: Misikko provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.

1 comment:

I love comments from my readers! I value your opinions, advice and enjoy your questions. Leave your comment here, and remember - if you are commenting as a giveaway entry please include your email address. Thanks!