Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fiber One Oats & Chocolate Chewy Bars

Image Fiber One Bars
The Fiber One Oats & Chocolate granola bars are the best granola bars I've ever had -- I guess that's clear since I'm willing to buy a 12-pack. In my opinion the Chocolate flavor is the best, and I've tried them all (the Peanut Butter is okay but not great, and the Caramel is waaay too sweet and tastes more like butterscotch). The bars are chewy and not at all dry, and there's tons of chocolate! Feels like an indulgent sweet treat, but you're getting 9 grams of fiber. Yes, there are more calories than other granola bars like Quaker (140 cals vs. ~100 cals), but you get way more nutritious value, a better taste, and a more satisfying snack out of it. What's not to love!

I generally get far, far less of the daily recommended fiber, so this was a fantastic way for me to increase my fiber intake and actually eat breakfast most mornings. I actually found that eating one of these in the morning along with a big bottle of water spiked with some sort of calorie free flavoring (like Crystal Light) kept me very full until lunch, and sometimes later. So I wasn't contemplating eating my keyboard by lunchtime anymore.


So, overall, I highly recommend that you give these a try. I've found these bars to be fabulous, and I stock up when they go on sale because I know that I will (eventually) eat them all. I keep a couple in my purse, car, and desk drawer- you never known when you're going to get stuck working through lunch or sitting in traffic until Doomsday.


Disclaimer: I purchased this product for my own personal use and review purposes. No compensation was received. The thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my readers! I value your opinions, advice and enjoy your questions. Leave your comment here, and remember - if you are commenting as a giveaway entry please include your email address. Thanks!