Wednesday, March 10, 2010

For Your Kind Attention...

I know I'm not the only one who receives these horrible email scams. I never open them but accidentally did tonight....

"For your kind attention.
Could you please consider to help me relocate this sum of 10 million five hundred thousand dollars to your country for establishing an industry in your country."

He goes on to explain how the owner of this money died in a plane crash and family cannot be contacted. He also insists this is a legitimate email and I will receive 40%.

All I have to do is send my full name, marital status, home address (including city/state/country), phone/fax/cell number, sex, and occupation.

Really? That's all I have to do is send you all of my personal information? Ok, sure. No problem! I guess I should also send my SS# and DL# as well? Yeah, I will get right on top of that!

These types of emails spark two particular emotions; humor, and sorrow. I think these particular types of emails are funny because they are so ridiculous. Trust me, if I had a millionaire relative that died - I would likely be the first to know about it. If you want to send me millions of (*ligament) dollars, you can send it to my PO Box, and I will use it to prevent these types of emails. I may possibly even consider using it to establish an industry in your Country, wherever that may be.

I feel sorrow because too many people fall victim to these types of emails. Elderly and disabled are taken advantage of regularly, when all they are trying to do is help. It really is sickening. If you aren't already aware, please do not respond with any information. It's best not to click on any links as they may be related to a virus or forgery attempts. Don't bother opening them, they are all the same. Please, just delete these emails.

Do you receive these types of emails? Have you found a way to avoid receiving them. What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I am so tired of those annoying emails too. I feel so bad for the poor people who fall for them too. Thank goodness for all the 20/20 and other news shows that did an undercover report on it. SO sad for the victims and so annoying for us. :) Avoiding them ? Thank goodness for spam. Would love to not get them at all.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from my readers! I value your opinions, advice and enjoy your questions. Leave your comment here, and remember - if you are commenting as a giveaway entry please include your email address. Thanks!